Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 slices brown bread
- 60g Cheddar, grated
- Heat some oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and fry the onion for 5 mins until soft.
- In a jug, make 750ml stock using the stock cube and boiling water. Pour into the pan, add the sweet potato, carrots, peppers and tomatoes, then season with pepper. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 mins.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Toast the bread, then sprinkle the cheese on one side of each slice and grill until melted. Cut star shapes from each piece of toast using a cookie cutter or scissors.
- Blend the soup until smooth, then ladle into bowls. Top the soup with the cheesy stars and a twist of black pepper.
REMEMBER! ALWAYS LET AN ADULT HELP YOU WITH THE OVEN AND BOILING WATER, AND DON'T FORGET TO TURN THE OVEN OFF WHEN YOU'VE FINISHED!