Friday 10th July
Good morning Year 5, Mrs Morgan here sneaking onto the year 5 shout-outs to the amazing year 5 key worker's children that I taught yesterday.
They worked so hard to complete a piece of writing showing a balanced argument.
We actually spent 2 hours on this!
We unpicked a balanced argument, looked at its features. Discussed ideas for an argument. Planned a balanced argument and then wrote one! They were extremely busy!
A special shout out to Sadie, Abigail J, Ila, Tom C and Fred W who have shared their work on here.
The children then spent all afternoon completing lots of maths work. They all completed their main task and the extension questions. I am very proud of them.
Also an extra shout out to Harriet who gave very detailed explanations of how she found unknown angles -you impressed me!
Also shout outs to the following children who have worked tremendously hard this week and have sent their work in:
Jacob K - For creating his Star Wars game for the computing task
Finley Hill 5cd - For his maths and feeding lots of animals!
Millie’s - For her excellent graffiti art work
Lucy Skipp 5AU - For her spellings and timetables
Zach - Working hard in PE
Gabriel - Maths and english
Melissa S - For her eye catching graffiti work
Charlie F and Evie F- For their art portraits and transition work
Leah - Baking a delicious cake
Thursday 9th July- Super Student Shout-outs!
A special shout out from Mrs Burke to all of the Year 5 children in the Key Workers Group who were so creative on Wednesday. They have all thoroughly enjoyed having a go at Mrs Burke's Wellbeing Wednesday task. These are the amazing works of 'graffiti art' they have made. Banksy, you've got competition!
And finally, congratulations to Kaidan H who has got through to the finals of an online dance competition. He choreographed all his own routines, taught his family and the results were:
1st place SOLO U13 INTERS
1st Place SIBLING DUO
2nd Place PARENT & SON DUO
2nd Place FAMILY LOCKDOWN CREW
We are all very proud of you Kaidan, well done!
Wednesday 8th July - Super Student Shout Outs
Just a few shout outs today, don't forget to keep sending in your work!
Tuesday 7th July - Super Student Shout-outs
• Well done to Lexy S for completing her music work and the word-finding task. Lexy has also completed a number of tasks for Challenge Friday: making a Lego submarine to explore the Barrier Reef, quiet reading, Grammar and Punctuation test, and a comic strip for a very strange dream about cats! Lexy has also spent some time this week making jam, baking biscuits (dipped in chocolate) and building an impressive structure!
• Well done to Poppy H for completing her SPaG test, making her own rollercoaster, inspired by our inventor of the month, sharing her Geography task and beating her Dad at ‘Hotels’!
• Well done to Melissa S who did a super job of Mrs Burton’s challenge…..sooo many words!
• Well done to Charlie F for completing work on decimals and writing a set of instructions.
• Well done to Oliver N for completing his Geography task, his White Rose Maths, his SPaG test and designing and building his own rollercoaster…wow!