Fantastic efforts to show our 6Rs of Independent Learning in Year 5
Thursday's Super Student Shout Outs!
Well done today to our rock stars, Bannister, who overall won the school tournament with 30,687 points! Turing achieved a terrific 23,046, Attenborough an amazing 22,416 and Bronte a brilliant 18,127.
The new tournament will close on Sunday 17th May – so far the following players have over 200 points already:
5AU – Kamilia and Connor, 5CD- Balint and Louie, 5RM – Sean, 5MK- Isla and Isobel S, and 5JR – Daisy, Christopher, Penelope and Charlotte! Rock on!
We've had some amazing work for VE75 Day - well done to everyone!
Lots of postcards, posters and bunting- you'll all be ready for Friday.
Well done to: Sam, Poppy, Freddie, Evie, Dominik, Connor, Agatha, Ava and Daisy.
Finally, have a look at Lexy's wonderful rendition of her music task - learning the words to We'll Meet Again.
Wednesday's Super Student Shout-outs!
First, a shout-out for our AR stars, who have been reading and quizzing at home:
5AU: Connor L, Jessica C and Evie F
5CD: Balint K, Agata R, Ava M, Zachary I-C and Melissa S
5JR: Daisy B, Alex C, Isobel S and Archie T
5MK: Oliver N, Lilly G, Sadie R, Millie S and Jessica D
5RM: Noah B, Jaycee P, Alfie A, Charlie F, Gabriel C, Alfie H, Scarlett S and Hayden J
And now for the wonderful work that's being produced...
* Well done to Dominik L and Oliver N for their beautiful art work
* Well done to Poppy H for her VE Day-related maths activities
* Well done to Isla B for her thank you letter to the NHS (which including some great vocab choices), her brilliant app design, her spelling work, and the spot of baking she did as well!
* Well done to Lexy S for continuing to keep on top of her reading, AR, Maths, Science and Computing while taking the time to sing "We’ll meet again", listen to a stunning version of it (sung by Katherine Jenkins and Dame Vera Lynn) as well as talking about how wartime songs were used to lift spirits and entertain the troops.
* Well done to Evie F and Charlie F for their VE Day English work and for tackling the ‘keepy uppy’ PE challenge…on their trampoline. It looked great fun!
* Well done to Scarlett S for the effort she’s putting into practising her spellings on Spelling Frame (https://spellingframe.co.uk/)
* Well done to Alex C who cooked and flipped pancakes for his birthday breakfast – happy birthday, Alex!
* Well done to Charlotte C for her excellent effort on Times Table Rockstars, which got her class (5JR) to the top of the leader board today!
* Well done to Balint K for his wonderful thank you letter - I’m sure the person who received it was absolutely thrilled.
Some great learning has been shared by...
Domink 5JR Super consistent effort with his home learning. Great example of last week's DT challenge.
Kaidan 5JR has really done himself proud too with his super efforts. An example of his French research has been shared below as well as his net design for DT.
Alfie 5RM has worked really hard over the last few weeks. We were really impressed with his reading record in his learning journal.
Charlie F. 5RM has shared his writing and his APP designs.
Evie F. 5AU has shared her super writing.
Year 5 Birthdays This Week..
Happy Birthday from Westacre ...
5CD Ellie A and Finley H
5JR Alex C.