Ingredients (serves 6)
1. Remove the ready rolled pastry from the fridge or make and roll out homemade shortcrust pastry for your pan and place inside your tin (rectangular tart pan or a 9inch round tin).
2. Trim the edges and prick the bottom of the pastry several times with a fork. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C or 170°C for a fan oven).
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add the onions - fry off until soft.
5. Add the chopped red peppers and courgettes and fry for 3 to 5 minutes, until the vegetables are beginning to pick up a bit of colour. Remove from the heat.
6. In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs and milk then add salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
7. Stir the cheese into the egg mixture.
8. Spread the vegetables evenly over the bottom of the pie crust then pour over the egg and cheese mixture.
9. Place the quiche on the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the filling is set and beginning to turn golden.
10. Serve warm or place in your fridge AFTER it has cooled at room temperature then consume later cold!
REMEMBER! ALWAYS LET AN ADULT HELP YOU WITH THE OVEN AND BOILING WATER, AND DON'T FORGET TO TURN THE OVEN OFF WHEN YOU'VE FINISHED!