Roll of Honour 13th March 2020
- English group – everyone improved their spelling scores and we had a lovely quiet reading session today.
- Thank you to those who played golf on Wednesday. You all supported and cheered each other on and there are some real talents – Vinnie! Thanks to Megan for being an excellent coach.
- Maths group – Mr Barber and Miss Brighton were very impressed with how you knew your times tables and the amount you were working.
- Thank you to all of those who have donated money to Sports Relief and had fun whilst dancing.
- Thank you for everyone who I have come across today – Friday has generally been a lovely day!
- Nearly all of 7LB for being so helpful and thoughtful this week on my first week back (LBe).
- Kelsey and Emily S for always thinking of others.
- Kai for his amazing contributions to our Science lesson about Our Diverse Planet.
- Theodore S for starting his work without having to be reminded MANY times.
- Abi G for just being Abi G!
- Will Picken for handing out books without being asked
- Daisy for helping Jasmine to print a document – little act of kindness I saw
- 7PC patiently waiting to print off their sheets
- 7RM’s love of Harry Potter makes me smile – it’s the quietest you get!
- 7RM discussion of world disasters – you’re very knowledgeable
- 7RM Maths have been fantastic this week as we’ve trialled a new way of teaching
- Aaron CA – Being reflective about how you work with others
- Macey and Grace for helping with everything – You make my life easier thank you
- Abi B, Skye W, Freya E, Macey-J S, Amelia B, Daisy M, Taylor R, Grace W for being stars and always being available to help.
- Anthony F for being an amazing help in DT
- My pancake people- I have really enjoyed ‘cooking’ with you.
- Theo C for a real change.
- Russell L for a real push in his Maths work- very proud, really impressed.
- 7PC and the organisation in Science and being able to conduct a safe experiment
- Tobias for his verbal contributions in his Maths
- Megan Court, Leah Blake, Harry Guest, Daisy Tibble, Sophie Turk and Lillie Rose Willetts for huge leaps in their Reading test data.
- Daisy Evans for taking responsibility
- Jess J, Faye M and Harry M for providing sustenance for staff members throughout the week
- Fay M – an excellent help all week – just wonderful!
Roll of Honour 6th March 2020
•Junior – Always working very hard and striving to achieve his best.
•Hannah – being a very strong person
•Klaudia – always having a good attitude during lessons
•Lee- always working hard during Ethics
•Maddison – trying her best in lessons across the curriculum and always ensuring she completes a task (even if that means giving up some of her time)
•Lexi S – doing extra work at home and really taking an interest in maths.
•7DB maths- an excellent arithmetic lesson – some excellent progress and focus from everyone. You should all be really proud.
•Theo C – excellent focus across maths lessons
•Jarrett for contribution towards a successful video for WBD.
•All LB for positive attitudes on Careers Day in School, at the Chateau and WHS visit.
•Vinnie, Hannah, Thom, Jess, Jacob, Abbie for great models for CC.
•LB English group for great oral reading.
•Alfie C for superb expressive reading.
•Chelsea-Leigh – for organising and refereeing a football game.
•Faith – for her powerful kicks.
•Will M – for his great singing voice.
•Impeccable behaviour from all at the Worcestershire Skills Showcase and walk to WHSmith- please to be your staff.
•Anthony Flavell, Evie Livett, Chelsea Leigh for being really involved in discussions with employers
•Harry M, Leah H, Daisy M, Jarrett G for their interview technique
•7PC French translations – worked so hard. Special mentions to Charlie B for working hard
•7RM for being so sensible in walking to and from WHSmiths and being so engaged with World Book day and sharing the Harry Potter Love!
•Klaudia- superb word level analysis this week- very impressed
•Theo C- started washing up someone else’s things in DT
•My biscuit groups this week- better than a hobnob!
•Lexi Smith for being an absolute star!
•The whole of 7PC for getting involved in the World Book Day song
•Harry Millwood for being a supportive member of the year group
•Quality of the application letters received- interviews on their way!!!
Year Roll of Honour 28.2.20
•Nicola – really getting involved in football with some great tackles.
•Kian and Will M for helping others and being responsible in lessons.
•George for working hard despite having a rough week.
•Sports leaders for tidying up the cupboard!
•Those of you who have sorted payment and consent for the trips
•Those of you who were so positive about your learning at parents evening
•Alfie Chandler for showing me what he can do
•Zuzanna for being so perceptive of her own character traits and being able to explain what she feels she wants to improve on
•Leah H for contributing brilliantly to the personal traits lesson on careers Day
•Leah H for pointing out that a ‘grown-up’ child was an oxymoron
•The cooking group that forgave me for destroying their cakes
•Grace Winter for being Grace Winter
•Kayleigh Rich for consistency- she always gives everything, even when se has been up until 1am watching football in London!
•Jarrett Griffiths for an amazing act of kindness
•Daisy M for battling through the pain barrier
•Tobias R for being able to hold a mature conversation- after school Friday Tobias!
•Charlie for singing a truly fantastic song full of complex lyrics
•Harry M for think for himself rather than ‘magpieing’ the WAGOLL
•Tobias R for an amazing start to his ‘should people live on volcanoes’ debate
•The quality of the balanced arguments completed by 7PC’s English group.
•Attitude of PC’s Maths class this week- determined and respectful
•LB for contributions to Careers Day
•All MH Maths group for trying so hard this week
•Ava for confidence in class discussion this week
•Chelsea for not settling for simple language and opting for superior language
•Efforts by Maciej, Hannah, Grace, Bailey, Lizzy and Jess- superb week in English
•RM- Archie, Matt, Louie, Oli, Lewin
•7DB – eventually, some successful rehearsals – thank you
•Ellie G – being a really strong person and not ever letting anything affect her learning
•Lots of children across many lessons really persevering when they find something difficult.
•Logan Pugh, Callum Jenkinson, James Turner – really quality CC work produced over a short period of time.
•Will R – being excellent during English lessons – you’ve got a real talent with words and structure.
•Will Picken – Always helpful and offering to hand out books – THANK YOU
•Callum C and Connor C – Amazing sentence analysis in English this week, you’ve both worked so hard
•7RM English – Big improvement in attitude to work this week – thank you
•Thomas S – Pushed yourself in maths today and realised you could do it and just need to trust yourself
•7RM CC homework is an amazingly high quality – shout outs for Louis’ top trump cards, Tash’s square volcano and Nicola’s 2 volcanoes which explode!
•French assessments have been great – Well done!
Year 7 Roll of Honour 17.1.20
◦In 7LB pupils have been helpful when Mrs Hughes has not known what to do or where to go
◦Great Tinkerbell Zip wire efforts from 7LB
◦Great teamwork and cooperation from 7LB
◦7PC English have had an amazing understanding of essay writing, so marking GCSE papers will not be a problem!
◦Jarrett for the best word level analysis of a rhetorical question ever written by anyone!
◦My prefect team for the job they do day in and day out
◦7RM maths have made me incredibly proud of how they behaved this week
◦Freya and Will P for always handing out books
◦7RM maths for their arithmetic knowledge – Tash, Josh and Aaron!
◦7RM English for great understanding of rhetorical questions
◦The ladies and gentlemen who have done so much paper cutting for me this week!
◦7FH Coping with distractions outside of the classroom.
◦Georgia Howes – finding space in netball.
◦Harry, Bella & Megan – producing great work in CC to introduce our topic.
◦Thank you to those sports leaders who have helped to keep the cupboards tidy.
◦William Miles – great responses to red pen feedback.
◦Jess – wonderful thoughts in Peter Pan PSHE – really sensitive and thoughtful
◦Will Ross – excellent Peter Pan artwork
◦Connor C – really making an effort to fully explore ideas in art and engaging with different artists.
◦Katie M – being really enthusiastic and positive all the time.
◦Taylor R – always producing work of a high standard.
◦Maddison W-L – really settling in well this year and giving 100% in all lessons
◦Evie L – caring about everyone and being an all-round lovely person.
Year 7 Roll of Honour 29.11.19
◦Leah B, Erin S, Amelia, B and Abi G for their help selecting work to be added to our ‘proud wall’.
◦Tobias R in French for being so keen to learn about the French revolution and knowing so much about Napoleon.
◦Bella Smith and Jess Jelfs for showing gratitude in the form of treats.
◦Everyone with Mr Cotton at breakfast club- a really enjoyable conversation
◦The gentlemen in 7DB for beginning to show good choices.
◦Attitudes shown in cross country this week
◦Leah Harrison for always being cheery and having a story to tell
◦Abi Goodyear for her determination to improve her Maths- you are flying
◦Kayleigh Rich for surprising herself with her Maths mark.
◦Amelia Burton for her eye- WOW!
◦Tobias and Daisy E for bringing in their homework
◦Megan Court for her amazing achievements in Golf
◦7FH – These crazy bunch of kids all joined in at various points during the bleep test and showed determination and resilience.
◦George Norton for being a dictionary wizard.
◦Lexi Bennett for trying new clubs.
◦Erin for her caring attitude towards members of staff, including Teaching Assistants.
◦Matthew W for just being Matthew W.
◦Freya E for her amazing Historical knowledge.
◦James T for being a wonderful member of 7DB and always doing the right thing.
◦Evie L for being very tolerant of others and really interested in our ethics topic.
◦Faith H-H Great participation in lessons.
◦7DB literacy for working hard this week.
◦Josh E – amazing productivity.
◦Lucy W – good contributions in lessons
◦Will R and Callum – excellent stamina in P.E. combining physical endurance with resilient.
◦All of you for attitudes to testing this week
◦Daisy Tibble for a huge jump in her reading 100 score
Year 7 Roll of Honour 22nd November 2019
◦FH Maths groups have been superstars this week. Really made me happy!
◦Year 7 netball team for beating Catshill 7-2.
◦Kai for helping me out with technology.
◦Kai for a lovely conversation with PC at cross country
◦7LB’s amazing attitude towards their chromatography science lesson.
◦Callum for his fantastic attitude towards maths this week and for working with such determination.
◦My Science council for being so brave and presenting their work to the whole school during Mondays assembly.
◦Callum and Tobias for coming for extra input to support their Maths
◦7PC for showing more understanding, thank you.
◦PC’s English- figurative language- WOW!
◦Jacob D for being so appreciative for his education
◦Nicola P and Amelia B for thinking outside of the box with their DT designs
◦Jess W for her brilliant Maths work this week.
◦Kai M worked so hard in French to complete his assessment in one lesson after being absent
◦Fantastic attitudes from year 7 doing their French assessment
◦Keira Y for always being so helpful and smiley
◦7RM for their fantastic work in Humanities – they were amazing at discussing the problems facing William this week
◦A great ethics lesson for 7DB – amazing
◦Pippa H – taking a mature attitude with literacy
◦Finley J – showing a great sense of humour this week
◦Children listening really well to the advice they have been given
◦Faye – thinking critically in Ethics and always coming up with good responses.
◦Josh W – excellent work in literacy
Year 7 Roll of Honour 18th October 2019
◦Harvey S, Keira Yates and Will Miles for resilience in French and always having an answer
◦7RM for good researching of the 3 Kings and for creating imaginative reasoning of what could happen 10 minutes before and after the images shown
◦Keira Yates for always sharing her ideas in English
◦Aaron CA and Natasha L for arguing to give the maths homework answers – if only everyone was so keen!
◦7LB amazing attitude towards our forensics topic in science.
◦Children who helped Mrs Johnson with the cake sale on Thursday
◦Alfie C and Lily H for their fantastic art work
◦Chelsea- Leigh’s superb setting description in English
◦Lexi S for her fantastic effort with her English homework
◦Russell and Archie – great passing in hockey
◦Alfie S – has been on fire in GR and Lit producing excellent work
◦Lee – really got to grasps with place value
◦Hannah – great Haka face
◦Natasha, Jess B, Louie and Amelia for amazing trench descriptions
◦All that represented the school in football last night
◦Those that helped with the cake sale, superb help for a superb cause
◦Amelia B for wanting to understand complex poetry
◦Tom Lewis for a fantastic conversation about school life
◦Jarrett Griffiths for his voice in a sea of silence
◦Jacob Daniels for his figurative language ‘jokes’
◦Jess Bodilly (and family) for producing a phenomenal paradox poem
◦Megan being proud of her achievements in golf
◦Kayleigh telling me all about her successes in motocross
◦Daisy Moffatt for being a future red carpet actress
◦Raffy and Lexi B for being mature about differences of opinion
Year 7 Roll of Honour 4th October 2019
- ◦Leah, Erin, Hannah for their ‘exceptional’ acting skills during PSHE. Mrs Bennett took on a whole new role.
- ◦Kai, Alfie and Zac in 7FH for their amazing positive attitude to Art this week.
- ◦Abi in 7LB for being incredibly helpful all week.
- ◦Aaron, Jess, Lillie, Maddison Pippa, Miller and Abi in my Spelling set for being super organised and starting their spellings without me asking.
- ◦Anthony F for his amazing effort with his English homework.
- ◦Jacob R showing leadership and setting an excellent example to the year 5 children during sports leader afternoon
- ◦7PC responding really well to Ethics lessons despite difficult content.
- ◦Harry Millwood - asking and answering questions
- ◦Josh Wooley – asking and answering questions
- ◦Miller – Working hard on vocabulary.
- ◦Millie Howcroft – always being helpful
- ◦Haruka Misawa- showing great tolerance and understanding of others
- ◦7FH worked incredibly well with the year 9s from DSHS who taught them more body parts and ran activities with them.
- ◦Freya Evans for full marks in The Tempest assessment
- ◦All of year 7s for their efforts in the leadership afternoon, as well as the sports leaders for helping sort equipment
- ◦Kian Taylor for listening to advice given and acting upon it.
- ◦Alfie Chandler for responsibility and taking ownership over his learning.
- ◦Jess Bodilly for her pride in her work and using an amazing paradox in her writing.
- ◦PC’s English group for their amazing grasp of Elizabethan
- ◦People who went on the author visit- a credit to the school
- ◦Klaudia for knowing when to ask for advice and really valuing the input.
Year 7 Roll of Honour 20th September 2019
- Kevin & Lee – best Ninjas in FH Maths
- Wednesday’s Sports Leaders – dinner ladies wanted to say how polite and organised they were and how well they handled some difficult year 6s
- James, Sophie, Zach, Harry for their help with the sports hall in Open Evening
- All pupils who were guides for parents
- Attitudes during the Year 7 Welcome afternoon
- Freya Evans for surprising us all her with her brilliant Prospero impression.
- Theo Stacey for being a superstar baker
- Haruka for not letting her injured hand slow her down.
- Alex Recardo for his amazing lateral thinking
- Daisy Evans for always being available to lend a hand
- PC’s Maths and English sets for a great start in terms of the attitudes to homework
- Emily Snookes for a great attitude in Maths
- Callum Jenkinson for applying knowledge from one lesson to another.
- Ashleigh Farrel for her excellent portrait photography.
- Alfie W for his amazing unique ideas in Art.
- Andrew E for showing fantastic detail in his conflict drawings.
- Year 7 for moving around the school sensibly during the treasure hunt.
- Those who brought contributions in for the Treasure hunt.
- Erin S for being so helpful this week.
- Those with roles taking them really seriously and responsibly. Asking for how to help. Great role models to others in school
- 7RM circle time was great – we feel we know Meatball the hamster now we’ve helped to choose his name.
- Macey-Jane Semini for being Macey-Jane Semini – helping RMc with open evening
- Will Lowe, Jess Evans, Archie C-W, Hannah Carter and Leah Blake for being culinary geniuses in line with masterchef (Will needs to practise washing up).
- Raffy Knight for her amazing piece of English homework
Year 7 Roll of Honour 6th September 2019
◦Evie Livett 7BD for her amazing resilience in Maths show independence and drawing on all her year 5 and 6 knowledge.
◦Kai in 7FH for his amazing knowledge in science about inventions and inventors.
◦7LB for making an amazing start to year 7 and for showing so much support for each other during our voting process.
◦Nicola Pawlak, Aaron Griffiths and Macey Semini for exceptional Scientific skills and determination to succeed.
◦Proud of how 7FH lined up and went into assembly. Well done to Josh, Bella and Harvey for answering questions in assembly.
◦Lexi Smith for helping children in 7PC find chairs during circle time- a small thing but small acts of kindness make the world happy place
◦James Turner for always being chirpy in the mornings and saying hello.
◦Brandon Bayliss for a great first week and a super attitude to his writing- amazing work and good to see you proud of your achievements.
◦Louie Horton, Lillie-Rose Willetts and Daisy Tibble for their character descriptions.
◦Jarrett Griffiths and Mya Cliff for their brilliant contributions in English.
◦Chloe Randle for a brilliant approach to her Maths work- very impressed already.
◦Raffy Knight for offering to help and organise things in Mr Cotton’s classroom.
◦Everyone delivered a speech to attain a role of responsibility (MP, Computing ambassador etc.)
◦The very helpful pupils who set up school shop off their own back- great initiative shown
◦Madison Parker for getting involved in circle time
◦Finley Jones for being Finley Jones
◦Jarrett Griffiths for an excellent answer in assembly
◦Hannah Jordan for her excellence, and bronze medal, in gymnastics.
A huge congratulations to Hannah for achieving a bronze medal with her gymnastics team during the summer holidays. We are so proud of you!