Year 7 Roll of Honour 17.1.20
◦In 7LB pupils have been helpful when Mrs Hughes has not known what to do or where to go
◦Great Tinkerbell Zip wire efforts from 7LB
◦Great teamwork and cooperation from 7LB
◦7PC English have had an amazing understanding of essay writing, so marking GCSE papers will not be a problem!
◦Jarrett for the best word level analysis of a rhetorical question ever written by anyone!
◦My prefect team for the job they do day in and day out
◦7RM maths have made me incredibly proud of how they behaved this week
◦Freya and Will P for always handing out books
◦7RM maths for their arithmetic knowledge – Tash, Josh and Aaron!
◦7RM English for great understanding of rhetorical questions
◦The ladies and gentlemen who have done so much paper cutting for me this week!
◦7FH Coping with distractions outside of the classroom.
◦Georgia Howes – finding space in netball.
◦Harry, Bella & Megan – producing great work in CC to introduce our topic.
◦Thank you to those sports leaders who have helped to keep the cupboards tidy.
◦William Miles – great responses to red pen feedback.
◦Jess – wonderful thoughts in Peter Pan PSHE – really sensitive and thoughtful
◦Will Ross – excellent Peter Pan artwork
◦Connor C – really making an effort to fully explore ideas in art and engaging with different artists.
◦Katie M – being really enthusiastic and positive all the time.
◦Taylor R – always producing work of a high standard.
◦Maddison W-L – really settling in well this year and giving 100% in all lessons
◦Evie L – caring about everyone and being an all-round lovely person.
Year 7 Roll of Honour 29.11.19
◦Leah B, Erin S, Amelia, B and Abi G for their help selecting work to be added to our ‘proud wall’.
◦Tobias R in French for being so keen to learn about the French revolution and knowing so much about Napoleon.
◦Bella Smith and Jess Jelfs for showing gratitude in the form of treats.
◦Everyone with Mr Cotton at breakfast club- a really enjoyable conversation
◦The gentlemen in 7DB for beginning to show good choices.
◦Attitudes shown in cross country this week
◦Leah Harrison for always being cheery and having a story to tell
◦Abi Goodyear for her determination to improve her Maths- you are flying
◦Kayleigh Rich for surprising herself with her Maths mark.
◦Amelia Burton for her eye- WOW!
◦Tobias and Daisy E for bringing in their homework
◦Megan Court for her amazing achievements in Golf
◦7FH – These crazy bunch of kids all joined in at various points during the bleep test and showed determination and resilience.
◦George Norton for being a dictionary wizard.
◦Lexi Bennett for trying new clubs.
◦Erin for her caring attitude towards members of staff, including Teaching Assistants.
◦Matthew W for just being Matthew W.
◦Freya E for her amazing Historical knowledge.
◦James T for being a wonderful member of 7DB and always doing the right thing.
◦Evie L for being very tolerant of others and really interested in our ethics topic.
◦Faith H-H Great participation in lessons.
◦7DB literacy for working hard this week.
◦Josh E – amazing productivity.
◦Lucy W – good contributions in lessons
◦Will R and Callum – excellent stamina in P.E. combining physical endurance with resilient.
◦All of you for attitudes to testing this week
◦Daisy Tibble for a huge jump in her reading 100 score
Year 7 Roll of Honour 22nd November 2019
◦FH Maths groups have been superstars this week. Really made me happy!
◦Year 7 netball team for beating Catshill 7-2.
◦Kai for helping me out with technology.
◦Kai for a lovely conversation with PC at cross country
◦7LB’s amazing attitude towards their chromatography science lesson.
◦Callum for his fantastic attitude towards maths this week and for working with such determination.
◦My Science council for being so brave and presenting their work to the whole school during Mondays assembly.
◦Callum and Tobias for coming for extra input to support their Maths
◦7PC for showing more understanding, thank you.
◦PC’s English- figurative language- WOW!
◦Jacob D for being so appreciative for his education
◦Nicola P and Amelia B for thinking outside of the box with their DT designs
◦Jess W for her brilliant Maths work this week.
◦Kai M worked so hard in French to complete his assessment in one lesson after being absent
◦Fantastic attitudes from year 7 doing their French assessment
◦Keira Y for always being so helpful and smiley
◦7RM for their fantastic work in Humanities – they were amazing at discussing the problems facing William this week
◦A great ethics lesson for 7DB – amazing
◦Pippa H – taking a mature attitude with literacy
◦Finley J – showing a great sense of humour this week
◦Children listening really well to the advice they have been given
◦Faye – thinking critically in Ethics and always coming up with good responses.
◦Josh W – excellent work in literacy
Year 7 Roll of Honour 18th October 2019
◦Harvey S, Keira Yates and Will Miles for resilience in French and always having an answer
◦7RM for good researching of the 3 Kings and for creating imaginative reasoning of what could happen 10 minutes before and after the images shown
◦Keira Yates for always sharing her ideas in English
◦Aaron CA and Natasha L for arguing to give the maths homework answers – if only everyone was so keen!
◦7LB amazing attitude towards our forensics topic in science.
◦Children who helped Mrs Johnson with the cake sale on Thursday
◦Alfie C and Lily H for their fantastic art work
◦Chelsea- Leigh’s superb setting description in English
◦Lexi S for her fantastic effort with her English homework
◦Russell and Archie – great passing in hockey
◦Alfie S – has been on fire in GR and Lit producing excellent work
◦Lee – really got to grasps with place value
◦Hannah – great Haka face
◦Natasha, Jess B, Louie and Amelia for amazing trench descriptions
◦All that represented the school in football last night
◦Those that helped with the cake sale, superb help for a superb cause
◦Amelia B for wanting to understand complex poetry
◦Tom Lewis for a fantastic conversation about school life
◦Jarrett Griffiths for his voice in a sea of silence
◦Jacob Daniels for his figurative language ‘jokes’
◦Jess Bodilly (and family) for producing a phenomenal paradox poem
◦Megan being proud of her achievements in golf
◦Kayleigh telling me all about her successes in motocross
◦Daisy Moffatt for being a future red carpet actress
◦Raffy and Lexi B for being mature about differences of opinion
Year 7 Roll of Honour 4th October 2019
- ◦Leah, Erin, Hannah for their ‘exceptional’ acting skills during PSHE. Mrs Bennett took on a whole new role.
- ◦Kai, Alfie and Zac in 7FH for their amazing positive attitude to Art this week.
- ◦Abi in 7LB for being incredibly helpful all week.
- ◦Aaron, Jess, Lillie, Maddison Pippa, Miller and Abi in my Spelling set for being super organised and starting their spellings without me asking.
- ◦Anthony F for his amazing effort with his English homework.
- ◦Jacob R showing leadership and setting an excellent example to the year 5 children during sports leader afternoon
- ◦7PC responding really well to Ethics lessons despite difficult content.
- ◦Harry Millwood - asking and answering questions
- ◦Josh Wooley – asking and answering questions
- ◦Miller – Working hard on vocabulary.
- ◦Millie Howcroft – always being helpful
- ◦Haruka Misawa- showing great tolerance and understanding of others
- ◦7FH worked incredibly well with the year 9s from DSHS who taught them more body parts and ran activities with them.
- ◦Freya Evans for full marks in The Tempest assessment
- ◦All of year 7s for their efforts in the leadership afternoon, as well as the sports leaders for helping sort equipment
- ◦Kian Taylor for listening to advice given and acting upon it.
- ◦Alfie Chandler for responsibility and taking ownership over his learning.
- ◦Jess Bodilly for her pride in her work and using an amazing paradox in her writing.
- ◦PC’s English group for their amazing grasp of Elizabethan
- ◦People who went on the author visit- a credit to the school
- ◦Klaudia for knowing when to ask for advice and really valuing the input.
Year 7 Roll of Honour 20th September 2019
- Kevin & Lee – best Ninjas in FH Maths
- Wednesday’s Sports Leaders – dinner ladies wanted to say how polite and organised they were and how well they handled some difficult year 6s
- James, Sophie, Zach, Harry for their help with the sports hall in Open Evening
- All pupils who were guides for parents
- Attitudes during the Year 7 Welcome afternoon
- Freya Evans for surprising us all her with her brilliant Prospero impression.
- Theo Stacey for being a superstar baker
- Haruka for not letting her injured hand slow her down.
- Alex Recardo for his amazing lateral thinking
- Daisy Evans for always being available to lend a hand
- PC’s Maths and English sets for a great start in terms of the attitudes to homework
- Emily Snookes for a great attitude in Maths
- Callum Jenkinson for applying knowledge from one lesson to another.
- Ashleigh Farrel for her excellent portrait photography.
- Alfie W for his amazing unique ideas in Art.
- Andrew E for showing fantastic detail in his conflict drawings.
- Year 7 for moving around the school sensibly during the treasure hunt.
- Those who brought contributions in for the Treasure hunt.
- Erin S for being so helpful this week.
- Those with roles taking them really seriously and responsibly. Asking for how to help. Great role models to others in school
- 7RM circle time was great – we feel we know Meatball the hamster now we’ve helped to choose his name.
- Macey-Jane Semini for being Macey-Jane Semini – helping RMc with open evening
- Will Lowe, Jess Evans, Archie C-W, Hannah Carter and Leah Blake for being culinary geniuses in line with masterchef (Will needs to practise washing up).
- Raffy Knight for her amazing piece of English homework
Year 7 Roll of Honour 6th September 2019
◦Evie Livett 7BD for her amazing resilience in Maths show independence and drawing on all her year 5 and 6 knowledge.
◦Kai in 7FH for his amazing knowledge in science about inventions and inventors.
◦7LB for making an amazing start to year 7 and for showing so much support for each other during our voting process.
◦Nicola Pawlak, Aaron Griffiths and Macey Semini for exceptional Scientific skills and determination to succeed.
◦Proud of how 7FH lined up and went into assembly. Well done to Josh, Bella and Harvey for answering questions in assembly.
◦Lexi Smith for helping children in 7PC find chairs during circle time- a small thing but small acts of kindness make the world happy place
◦James Turner for always being chirpy in the mornings and saying hello.
◦Brandon Bayliss for a great first week and a super attitude to his writing- amazing work and good to see you proud of your achievements.
◦Louie Horton, Lillie-Rose Willetts and Daisy Tibble for their character descriptions.
◦Jarrett Griffiths and Mya Cliff for their brilliant contributions in English.
◦Chloe Randle for a brilliant approach to her Maths work- very impressed already.
◦Raffy Knight for offering to help and organise things in Mr Cotton’s classroom.
◦Everyone delivered a speech to attain a role of responsibility (MP, Computing ambassador etc.)
◦The very helpful pupils who set up school shop off their own back- great initiative shown
◦Madison Parker for getting involved in circle time
◦Finley Jones for being Finley Jones
◦Jarrett Griffiths for an excellent answer in assembly
◦Hannah Jordan for her excellence, and bronze medal, in gymnastics.
A huge congratulations to Hannah for achieving a bronze medal with her gymnastics team during the summer holidays. We are so proud of you!